1. Every footprint of an astronaut that has ever been on the Moon’s soil can remain there for millions of years, as there are no wind and water on the Moon that can erase the footprint.
2. There is such a phenomenon called an annular eclipse. At times when the Moon is in its smallest size, far away from Earth and cannot cover the Sun fully, it has a rim of light visible. It happens also because the Moon is not of the perfect circular shape and it contradicts with the shape of the Sun.
3. One Moon day that starts from one sunrise and finishes with another is approximately 29 Earth days.
4. The most intense moonquakes happen almost every 14 days, when the Moon is either in the closest or in the farthest position from Earth. Also this is a period when the tidal forces under the influence of the gravity of our planet develop to the fullest extent.
5. Due to the absence of the atmosphere on our satellite, there is no phenomenon of twilight before the night.
6. If the Sun has the stable pattern of the movement along the horizon year by year, the Moon has a 18.6 year cycle. The early civilizations on the Earth followed this complicated pattern and even built the Moon temples to track the movements of the Moon.
7. The moon was idolized by many cultures as a divine creature. The ancient Greeks and Romans even had three goddesses to associate with the Moon’s evolving stages. The New Moon was represented by Artemis (Diana). The Full Moon was symbolized by Selene and Hecate was the representation of the far side of the Moon.
8. During the history of the humanity, the Moon was always connected with different instances of craziness, so the word ‘lunatic’ is the product of this symbol.
9. The eagle bone of 13 thousands year old age that was found in France used to be a special counting stick to understand which phase of the Moon is the next.
10. The most ancient known guide to the Moon, around 5,000 years of age, was discovered cut into a stone in an ancient tomb at Knowth, County Meath, in Ireland. Before this was found, the most famous and profound lunar guide was created by Leonardo da Vinci, that dates back to 1505.
11. The first attempt to land on the moon was the Soviet space automatic station Luna 2 in 1959. It crash–landed on the lunar surface. The first automatic station that was sent by Soviet Union–Luna 1 failed to be set on the correct Moon coordinates and missed by 3,000 miles (5,000 km).
12. The Soviet Luna 9 was the first successful instance of landing on the Moon’s surface, denying the claims that it is impossible to land on the Moon, because it is too soft to land on. Before the Luna 9 landed, people had considered the Moon to be too soft.